Sunday, January 25, 2015

Vans

I received my first pair of Vans in third grade. The store my mother took me to didn't have the exact pair I wanted so she bought my first pair of shoes intended for boys. Thank you, Mom. Despite what the label says, you can buy/wear/own whatever you want. Also, thank goodness for our stint in Southern California which exposed me to this most beloved of companies and cultures.*


Today's Things

Sister 1: Star Wars Authentic in Yoda Aloha


There's really no bad choice in the Vans Star Wars collaboration for Sister 1. But I think these are great because, though not something Sister 1 would necessarily pick out for herself, if she received them as a gift, she would smile the entire time they were on her feet.

Sister 2: Neon Pop Authentic

Classic and not too flashy, but undeniably fun and cute. Just like Sister 2.**

Sister 3: Velvet Authentic Platform

I'm in my twenties for a few more years; deal with it.




*I have never successfully ridden a skateboard. I do not intend to lead you to believe that I have from this post.
**Please note there is currently a Vans x ASPCA collaboration that features a cat collage print on the Authentic sneaker. Seems there was also a dog print when the collab launched. Sister 2 hates cats, but otherwise this shoe would have been a great pick for her.

All images sourced from and remain property of Vans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment